Responsible for unloading barges using E-Crane and
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Perform proper unloading techniques by following all associated procedures while paying close attention to hazards
- Operate crane to load Coal, Petcoke and Limestone from barges to grizzly hopper by following all associated procedures
- Maintain good and open communication with Team, Supervision, Managers and Maintenance Personnel via radio and other proper means
- Help maintenance personnel with equipment maintenance when additional manpower is needed
- Properly inspect equipment prior to and post operating and report any additional maintenance needs and conduct frequent audits on the crane and other heavy equipment
- Maintain clean work space by removing trash and debris from all areas of responsibility including structures, offices, restrooms, break rooms, vehicles, crane cab, etc
- Complete all necessary documentation as required including JHA's, permits, log entries, audit sheet, daily check sheets, etc.
- Learn other positions as time permits
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
- Physically able to handle large tools
- Must be able to climb on and off the equipment, ascend and descend a ladder
- Should not have a fear of heights
- Must be able to stand, kneel or crawl
- We operate 24/7, therefore our employees work a rotating schedule
Ability to work outside in any condition and on extreme heights
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Alexandria, LA, USA