Equipment Operator - Nights
This position is full time position to cover 24/7 operations working bi-weekly rotating day and night shifts, with flexibility for schedule changes due to customer and facility requirements. Must be willing to work overtime as workload dictates, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Must be able to:
- Operate heavy equipment safely and efficiently during the handling of customer products in an industrial environment
- Safely operate bridge crane, excavator, front end loader, skid steer and various other heavy/light equipment
- Assist with worksite tasks “outside of operating equipment” including conveying systems, truck loadout and terminal equipment
- Assist with worksite tasks “outside of operating heavy equipment” including but not limited to, hand labor, equipment and system maintenance and general worksite clean-up
- Duties include the use of wash down equipment to wash down areas around and under conveyor systems, catwalks and other work areas in the facility to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Heavy equipment operator duties include pre/post system checks, routine system service and equipment inspections
- Duties include monitoring and maintaining inventory levels on laydown storage area and in silos
- Must be qualified to safely operate “light equipment,” such as a street sweeper, water truck and skid steer
- Basic mechanical skills
- Must currently possess or be eligible to obtain a TWIC
Industry Background Preferred:
- 3-5 years' experience in industrial and/or plant operations preferred
- Petroleum Coke Handling experience preferred
- Equipment Operation
- Knowledge with conveyor systems a plus
- Read, write and comprehend English
- Must have strong mechanical skills, experience working with your hands
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen and background check
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn at all times
- Be able to walk several miles per day
- Be able to lift 65 lbs without assistance
- Be able to climb/stoop/crawl
- Be able to work on elevated surfaces
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- Martinez, CA 94553, USA