Class A CDL Driver- $2,500 Sign-on Bonus
SAVAGE SERVICES HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR A CLASS A CDL DRIVER. This specific route will be from Little America, Wyoming to Elko, Nevada.
This position will spend two nights per week overnight in a sleeper cab in the Elko, Nevada area.
Savage offers consistent time with your family and friends. Our compensation is great, and we offer health benefits for you and your dependents, a 401(k) match and profit sharing! Our equipment is current and properly maintained, and our focus it to get you home safe each night.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
- Partners with dispatch in safely transporting material to and from transloading facilities; completes loads as dispatched
- Utilizes the Class A CDL, Tanker, and Double & Triples Endorsements to locally transport material as dispatched
- Fuels and cleans truck, performs pre and post-trip inspections, completes paperwork, and reviews communication board
- Takes an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and others
- Interacts with other Savage and customer management and personnel on a daily basis. Hence, should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Completes required paperwork, i.e., manifests, driver logs, recaps, accident reports, and basic knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Class A CDL with Tanker and Doubles & Triples endorsements required
- Two years of experience driving double tractor/trailer combination preferred
- High School or GED
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Concerned about safety and quality of job performance
- Must be Drug/Alcohol Free and able to pass a criminal background test; also should have a nearly spotless MVR
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Nevada, USA
- North Salt Lake, UT, USA
- Wyoming, USA