Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment and machinery for the Gulf Sulphur Services (GSS) Galveston Terminal. At this terminal, Sulphur is delivered, stored, stockpiled, and shipped in various states: molten, crushed and prilled.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- Must have a current TWIC
- Extensive knowledge of priller, stacker, ship loader and conveyor operating techniques
- Experience in bulk materials, conveyor systems and heavy equipment
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers
- High School Diploma required
- Efficient with standard office software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Work in an environment containing sulphur odor/dust, hazardous noise, confined space, and in hot or cold environments
- Work at heights , climbing stairs, and climbing ladders
- Walk on uneven ground and up to 3 miles per shift
- Must have ability to wear required PPR
- Must be able to pass a fit test and pulmonary function test for the purposes of wearing a respirator and recertify annually or as needed
- Lift up to 50 pounds frequently
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Galveston, TX, USA