Currently, there is an intimidate opening for a Qualified Member of the Engine Department on our tanker vessel, the Sulpher Enterprise.
Here are the benefits you receive when working with Savage:
- A culture that appreciates Team Members
- Uniforms and laundry service
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Paid Uniforms
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with match
- Opportunity for growth
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible
- We pride ourselves on providing our Drivers with the latest equipment and the highest commitment to safety.
The QMED under the Chief Engineer direction shall oversee the testing, inspection, maintenance, and calibration of electrical systems. The QMED Engineer reports directly to the Chief Engineer and implements Safety Management System requirements.
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Assists the Chief Engineer with the testing, inspection, maintenance, and calibration of electrical systems.
- Participate in training drills and exercises.
- Perform duties as directed by the Chief Engineer and Engine Officer safely and efficiently.
- Implement SMM policy and procedural requirements on board as relating to the position.
- Accurately report and record maintenance related activities as requested by an Officer.
- Tankerman PIC - Dangerous Liquids' Endorsement, preferred but not required
- Basic oil and chemical tanker cargo operation endorsement, preferred but not required
- RFPEW Endorsement - Rating forming part of an Engineering watch
- USCG QMED endorsement
- Familiarity with EMD and CAT engines
- Tankerman Engineer endorsement
- Must have a valid TWIC card and Passport
- Other certificates and endorsements as deemed required for the operation and by Savage Marine
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Proven and effective manager and leader
Education/Experience: Enter bullet format of specific education and experience that is required.
- High School diploma
- Maritime Academy graduate preferred
- ABS Nautical Systems NS5 experience preferred
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Job Family Player Coach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tampa, FL, USA