We are looking for a full time mechanic to understand, implement and continually follow the Savage Maintenance program for all mobile equipment and material handling systems at the Price and Wellington operations. The ultimate goal is to maintain all equipment and systems in such a manner that everything is operating at a peak efficiency and safest level.
These are just a few of the benefits you can expect from working with Savage:
- Local work, home every day, flexible schedule
- A culture that appreciates our Team Members
- A fleet with the majority of trucks being less than 5 years old
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- Paid holidays
- Built in overtime every week
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k)
- A culture of safety
- A commitment to helping our Team Members do things that they never dreamed possible.
- Safely perform routine services
- Order and maintain inventories
- Diagnose problems
- Coordinate and schedule services and appropriate record keeping
- Change/adjust brakes, oil filters, and wheel bearings
- Change/mount tires
- Grease CMV's
- Check/fill gear boxes
- Change springs
- Clutch adjustment/replacement
- Understand/repair air brake system and steering components
- Steam/ clean trailers and repair as needed
- Trouble-shoot problems
- Abide by all DOT regulations and track all paperwork
- Formal education in diesel mechanics or equivalent of verified work experience
- 2-5 years applicable experience School
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with air brake systems
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Must be able to work in harsh environments
- Must be able to climb in and out of cabs and trailers 20 or more times a day
- Must have own set of tools
- Willing to live and/or relocate to the Price, UT area
- Will be on your feet for extended period of time throughout the day
- Able to lift 100 pounds
- Navigating the facility will include, but is not limited to, exposure to harsh weather conditions, uneven ground, ladders, racks and other high places, ground that can be slick, icy or uneven, and other industrial hazards
- The work site is an industrial setting and will require someone who can work safely around this type of environment, as well as ensure compliance to strict OSHA and State regulations
- Willing to work nights and weekends
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- 3321 Soldier Creek Rd, Price, UT 84501, USA