We offer competitive benefits that include; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
The person in this position will change-out and repair worn out and flat truck-trailer tires. Maintain the tire inventory and tire preventative maintenance program, including a tire airing schedule for a fleet of 40 or more truck and double trailer sets. Assist in other shop duties such as minor repairs and maintenance, overall shop cleanliness, and running errands.
Please read on for additional details!
- Develop a system for determining which tires need to be replaced/rotated, reducing progressive maintenance Change out tires in the shop, yard, field and roadside on service calls
- Mount tires to rims and ensure there is an adequate inventory of prepared tires
- Maintain the overall tire inventory, tire casing life cycle and project future needs
- Measure tread depth and monitor tire wear keeping the fleet up to Savage and D.O.T. standards
- Create a tire maintenance strategy that is consistent with customer needs and that will maximize availability of equipment
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning to the equipment and facilities keeping them in a safe condition
- Preform tire maintenance at the most economical, cost effective manner, while taking into account operating life, safety, and replacement considerations
- Make proper flat repairs, wheel cleaning, wheel inspection and valve stem replacement
- Perform pre and post trip inspections, as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Work weekends as scheduled
- May have the opportunity to participate in the Safety Specialist program; this would most likely require travel to other locations.
- Work alongside mechanics, managers, drivers and other office personnel as a good team member Responsible for overall shop cleanliness
- Respond to requests that will assist location's team members in carrying out their job more efficiently by running errands and moving items to, from, and around location
- Experience in a maintenance shop or industrial environment preferred, but not required
- Previous tire experience preferred, but not required
- Able to work safely in adverse conditions: summer heat, freezing conditions, snow, wet (washing trucks), etc. Comply with all safety standards
- Complete duties in a timely manner as assigned
- Attend communication meetings and safety training as scheduled
- Complete required for services, warranty work, etc.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Operate or move equipment around the yard and shop
- Flexibility and ability to work on various shop, maintenance and yard tasks
- Strong commitment to safety
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years applicable experience preferred (training provided)
- Must be able to work in adverse conditions (heat and cold); time is split between a shop and outdoor environment
- Must be physically able to handle heavy parts and pieces of equipment
- Climb on and off the equipment
- Physically demanding work will be a daily function of this position
- Must be able to climb, crawl, and position their body in such a way that they can perform their required duties This person should be able to frequently lift 100 lbs.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or email@example.com.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 3321 Soldier Creek Rd, Price, UT 84501, USA