Financial Accounting Intern
Our Vision & Legacy statement outlines the Savage Brothers’ vision for ensuring perpetual success. It includes a commitment to providing opportunities for people “to do things that they never dreamed possible.” This statement is especially significant for our Interns who will have the opportunity to work on real world projects enabling both Savage and themselves to be better tomorrow than they are today.
Our Financial Intern will assist the Financial Reporting team in the review of customer and vendor contracts to make assessments for proper accounting treatment. This internship will be for summer, 2020.
Why being a Savage Intern is Compelling:
- Interns have long-term career potential with possible future opportunities throughout Savage
- Interns are competitively paid
- Interns experience being a part of real-world business solutions
- The opportunity to work with a company founded on principles of honesty, integrity and team member growth
- Career paths open to consistent development and growth
Responsibilities / Job Duties
- Conduct detailed reviews of customer and service provider contracts
- Prepare documentation to summarize results and conclusions on accounting treatment
- Routine communication with the Accounting Manager and Director of Financial Reporting on results
- Assist the Financial Reporting team with other projects as time allows
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office suite including Excel, Access and some Power Point)
- Ability to pass security screening to enter customer property
- Professional work ethic
- Self-motivated and a team player with a “can do” attitude
- Some travel may be required (all travel expense will be reimbursed and interns/employees may retain frequent flier miles)
- Currently in Junior or Senior year of a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Accounting.
Having trouble with our application? Please call 800-233-0883 for assistance.
California Residents: Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Last Updated: January 1, 2020
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Savage. We are providing you this notice in effort to be transparent about our how we collect and use your personal information.
Please know that by submitting your application materials, we will collect certain categories of personal information from you. These categories include: direct identifiers (e.g., your name, contact information, application account login information, and social media account information if you choose to provide it to us); professional information (e.g., your employment and education background); and other information you include in your resume and cover letter, such as your references, skills and abilities.
We use each category of personal information you provide primarily for recruitment and hiring purposes, and to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) you apply to as well as other job openings at Savage that we think may interest you. We may also use your personal information to help detect security risks and incidents, to protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, to comply with federal and state laws, and to discover ways to improve our business and identify trends in our job applicants and workforce through internal and third party business analytics tools.
For more information or questions about opportunities at Savage, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (800) 233-0883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Skilled Player
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Some College
- Job Start Date Monday, May 11, 2020
- 901 Legacy Center Way, Midvale, UT 84047, USA