GRADUATE - ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE CONSULTANT
Sphera, a worldwide leader in the Environmental Health and Safety technology space, is currently searching for an enthusiastic Graduate Environmental Compliance Consultant.
Do you want to help protect the environment? www.EC4P.com from Thinkstep, a Sphera company, is an award-winning environmental consultancy and web platform, focussed on helping electronics manufacturers minimise the environmental impact of their electronic waste, end-of-life products and waste packaging in a scalable, robust fashion. This is managed through a combination of expert consultancy to set up recycling arrangements around the world and our web-based reporting and registration facilities. Our award-winning www.BOMcheck.net web database system manages hazardous substances in products and is used by over 1,000 companies (including Philips, Siemens, GE, Osram, Agfa, Toshiba and many other global OEMs) to manage substance data from over 10,000 suppliers.
We are a fast-growing organisation, located in a listed building in rural Wiltshire. We are seeking a recent graduate who wants to build up a career as an Environmental Compliance Consultant. We offer a rewarding working environment and our team dynamics benefit from regular company events such as team pursuit sports, working on a community farm, kayaking trips, etc.!
Why work at Sphera? We offer:
- Annual bonus scheme
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 27 days annual leave + public holidays
- High spec company laptop and smart phone
- Flexible working hours and option to work from home up to 2 days per week after training completion (line manager discretion)
- Travel to industry conferences and events in UK and abroad
- Opportunities for promotion and career advancement during bi-annual review cycle
- Perkbox, Cycle-to-Work scheme and other benefits
- Work at a fast growing company which has a start-up feel but with enterprise security
What you will do:
Your job will be to help over 150 companies manage the recycling of their electronic products, batteries and packaging across Europe and globally through our www.EC4P.com web-based compliance management system. After completing our training program, your responsibilities in the EC4P team will include:
- Producing reports and advising clients on compliance with environmental regulations
- Researching new regulatory requirements around the world
- Reviewing compliance details with the national enforcement agencies in EU Member States and internationally
- Managing client registrations and product, battery and packaging data submissions to national recycling schemes
- Maintaining web pages to communicate environmental compliance information to the client’s customers
- Managing own time and completing assigned tasks to time and budget
- Science, technology, engineering, law or other technical degree, 2(i) or above
- Strong analytical abilities and excellent report writing skills
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong IT skills and a willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Good team player who responds well to constructive feedback on performance
Short-listed candidates will be required to demonstrate your research and report writing skills by completing a short compliance assessment task prior to interview. This task will also give you a taste of the type of work we do.
If you haven’t had a response to your application after 14 days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We thank you for your time applying and your interest in joining Sphera. Please continue to monitor our careers opportunities page https://sphera.com/careers/
- Job Family PROFESSIONAL
- Pay Type Salary
- Neston, Corsham SN13 9TZ, UK