Information Systems Security Officer
We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: The ISSO will be responsible for developing security plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities; ensuring procedural development and implementation are in compliance with security and organizational requirements; documenting hardware and software system security implementations; and developing best practices, operating procedures, and configurations guidance for the technologies used. Working knowledge of NIST 800 series special publications and the NIST Risk Management Framework.
• Maintain operational security posture for programs and information systems.
• Information security interface to government customer Designated Accrediting Authorities across the DoD and SkyWater customer base.
• Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support authorization and accreditation.
• Prepare, validate, and maintain security documentation, including but not limited to: system security plan (SSP), risk assessment (RA), contingency plan (CP), privacy impact assessment (PIA), eAuthentication assessment, FIPS categorization.
• Coordinate and support risk assessments and ensure corrective action on any identified security exposures.
• Provide advice and leadership in creating and maintaining contingency plans for any security emergencies.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
Active in-scope TS / SCI clearance
• Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related degree and 5+ years’ demonstrated experience required in Information Security (or Cybersecurity) field. OR
• Associates Degree in Information Systems, Cyber Security, Computer Science, or related degree and 10+ years’ demonstrated experience required in Information Security (or Cybersecurity) field.
Experience and/or Training:
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
• Experience with developing security architecture and requirements for migrating legacy applications to virtualization and cloud environments.
• Familiarity with FedRAMP and Continuous, Diagnostic and Monitoring (CDM) methods and standards.
• Knowledge of security engineering such as firewalls, IDP/IPS, SIEM and other management platforms.
• Excellent communication and engagement skills.
• Strong requirements gathering, analysis and organization skills.
• Participating in security assessments and audits.
• Preparing security documentation.
• Experience providing direct support to a client ISSM.
• Experience identifying and mitigating risks
US Citizenship Required: This position will require a Top-Secret security clearance with SCI access.
• Certified Risk and Information Systems Controller (CRISC)
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) and GIAC Security Essentials
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Security Plus
SkyWater Technology offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site workout facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more!
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- 2401 E 86th St, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA