We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: Our Facilities Manager will lead a skilled team of technicians and engineers who endeavor to manage, maintain and improve facility operations with pride, while setting and reinforcing a culture of safety.
• Manage the design, planning, construction and maintenance of facilities equipment, machinery, buildings and grounds.
• Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
• Oversee the coordination of building space allocation, layout and facilities expansion.
• Serve as a key player in site planning to support continuous growth in Custom Foundry business
• Manage vendor contracts to achieve results, when needed.
• Promote and maintains a safe work environment for all employees.
• Ensure all processes and systems are compliant with regulations.
• Ensure that all required reports are accurately prepared and filed on schedule with government and regulatory authorities.
• Manage, develop and mentor facilities team (technicians and engineers) across all shifts.
• Build and improve systems to ensure all facilities equipment is safe to operate with high availability.
• Coach employees to develop and implement equipment upgrades to reduce downtime and cost.
• Lead engineers and technicians with resolving unplanned down events and driving permanent Root Cause Corrective Actions, using the 3D/8D process where applicable.
• Make daily resource allocation decisions, balancing competing priorities, to serve the needs of the engineering, maintenance and manufacturing teams.
• Prepare, own and oversee facilities area and environmental health and safety (EHS) operating budget and reports.
• Drive cost reduction efforts to help achieve cost management and savings goals.
• Oversee the EHS function for the corporation, which includes development, planning and implementation of EHS policies; compliance with all federal, state and local regulations; driving a culture of safety through policies, programs, training and emergency response team management; site security; and all safety & security protocols.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
Experience and/or Training:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience facilities management.
• Positive interpersonal skills, highly energetic and self-motivated.
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to meet commitments and deliver results, while being able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Ability to manage, execute and track multiple projects simultaneously and shift priorities to meet business needs.
• Experience with application and teaching of structured problem-solving methodology.
• Understanding of equipment component behavior.
• Proven ability to effectively manage project teams.
• Experience mentoring and leading a team of direct reports
• Accurate and precise attention to detail in performance of role.
• Physically able to perform the role with or without accommodation, which may include standing, bending, squatting, and lifting.
• Knowledge and proficiency in computer use and Microsoft Office Suite products.
Education: BS Degree in an engineering, facilities management, or related discipline; or associate degree with equivalent experience.
Experience and/or Training:
• Experience with security systems, environmental conditioning systems, building automation systems, electrical, HVAC, cleanrooms compressors and vacuum pumps, etc.
• Experience with automated fault detection and control systems (FDC) is preferred.
• Prior experience in a facilities or maintenance technician role; or equipment engineering role
US Citizenship Required: This position will require the holding of or ability to obtain government security clearance which requires U.S Citizenship.
SkyWater Technology offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site workout facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more!
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA