Failure Analysis Engineer
We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: Our Failure Analysis Engineers have the responsibility for timely and accurate root-cause analysis of the electrical and mechanical characteristics of wafer and/or die to determine the cause of failure.They also support compliance, lab equipment and are a leader in continuous improvement efforts.
Direct FA/Reliability Support:
• Perform electrical and physical failure analysis at wafer and/or die level to establish failure mechanism and identify defects.
• Process, analyze and report the reliability test data in a timely way to meet customer requirements. Identify customer’s need and find service solutions in reliability and failure analysis services.
• Interface with internal and external customers to obtain and understand information about the failure mode and verify the failure.
• Leads failure analysis and issue resolution activities to ensure preventative action is accomplished.
• Interface with product, and design engineering for various product quality related issues.
• Manage physical failure analysis and defect identification at external and internal laboratories.
• Organize data and generate service/analysis reports for customers in a timely manner.
Indirect FA/Reliability Support:
• Ensure QA, FDA and ISO compliance in all areas of responsibilities.
• Responsibility for both the hardware and software of the reliability stress test equipment.
• Maintain and improve the testers to support ongoing development projects.
• Identify and purchase equipment to expand the capabilities and capacity of a growing Reliability/Failure Analysis lab (to address existing gaps in capability/capacity)
• Work with IT to develop databases to manage and archive reliability results and test data.
• Write custom code to streamline the data analysis for reliability lab test results.
Continual Improvement of FA/ Reliability:
• Identify process improvement opportunities and provide technical solutions via analysis and hands-on interaction with designated processes, including troubleshooting of manufacturing issues when they occur.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
• Minimum of 2 years manufacturing engineering experience or MS degree and less than 1 year of related experience.
• Aptitude for quickly learning and simulating a broad array of information.
• Strong technical and problem solving skills.
• Understanding of CMOS devices, integrated circuits and circuit analysis.
• Experience with electrical testing.
• Comfortable and confident in a laboratory environment.
• Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, willing to gain and share new knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Positive attitude and self-motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast paced, multiple project environment.
• Excellent data analysis skills, and proficient in the use of statistical tools in problem solving.
• Hands-on experience in reliability/FA/device engineering.
• Familiarity with electric and/or IC design and production process, circuit functions, SW and programming skills.
• Experience in medical product mfg / assembly operations.
• Familiarity with a wide range of test equipment for example reliability stress systems, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, optical spectrum analyzers, optical power meters and thermopiles, optics and digital cameras, computer-controlled motors and stages.
• Familiarity with key reliability and FA tools.
• Familiarity with reliability standard such as AEC, MIL, and JEDEC specifications.
• Proficiency in reading and understanding circuit diagrams and layout drawings.
• Understanding of hard, transient and soft error mechanisms, especially from radiation-induced SEU (Single Event Upset) and SER (Soft Error Rate)
US Citizenship Required: This position will require the holding of or ability to obtain government security clearance which requires U.S Citizenship.
SkyWater Technology offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site workout facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more!
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA