OPC/ DFM Engineer
We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: This position will lead the effort of cross-functional teams in establishing methodology and implementation of improved design methods, focusing on Optical Proximity Correction (OPC) techniques and Design for Manufacturability (DFM). This candidate will be a major technical contributor to “spec-to-shelf” ASIC development projects, including Process Design Kit (PDK) and mask/reticle development and fan-out.
• Development of a comprehensive strategy for implementing DFM and OPC at 130, 90 and 65 nm platforms, with eventual extension to 45 nm and below.
• Implementation of the DFM/OPC strategy through successful Physical Verification (PV) methods using state-of-the-art PV methods, for example using Mentor Calibre tools.
• Development of the OPC models required to enable correct their correct application, and subsequent fab processing of sub-wavelength features at both 248nm and 193nm lithography nodes.
• Provide technical support for customers using SkyWater PDK’s, as needed, to ensure successful designs using OPC and DFM methods through product mask generation and tapeout steps.
• Work closely with design, layout, and process engineers to understand and incorporate technology requirements into the OPC models and PDKs.
• The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
Education: BS, MS or PhD, EE or Physics, or related discipline
Experience and/or Training:
• 10+ years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
• 5+ years of experience in development and implementation of model-based OPC methods at a semiconductor foundry.
• Intimate (hands-on) familiarity with the required Physical Verification tools used for mask/reticle generation and manipulation of the OPC. Calibre-based PV flow experience is preferred.
• Ability to write/debug programs and properly generate OPC on multiple technology platforms.
• Experience in OPC generation for 130, 90, 65, 45 nm platforms.
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with DFM methods and their use in Design Flow is a plus.
• Customer facing experience a plus.
US Citizenship Required: This position will require the holding of or ability to obtain government security clearance which requires U.S Citizenship.
SkyWater Technology offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site workout facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more!
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA