Automation Systems Engineer
We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: A senior technical expert advising management on the design and implementation of strategic manufacturing IT programs affecting the technical directions of the companies integrated manufacturing environment.
• Provides the technical sponsorship of strategic programs, planning, design and definition of manufacturing and computer system requirements for complex customer systems solutions.
• Defines overall architecture of networked manufacturing systems and develops/leads programs for improvement of manufacturing systems, infrastructure, technology, operational capability, reliability and performance including troubleshooting, and root cause analysis.
• Provides technical manufacturing systems and IT leadership for major programs and advanced development teams and initiatives.
• Develops and continuously improves manufacturing and IT technology roadmap/ solutions.
• Designs, reviews and tests manufacturing systems, operational processes and requirements including manufacturing disaster recovery systems.
• Designs and reviews system integration and manufacturing tests requiring equipment integration of hardware and software and defines required operational characteristics.
• Coordinates vendor activity and provides vendor management, equipment integration management, and coordination of contracts. Participates with vendors on the advancement of technology and technology roadmap consistent with SkyWater's goals and objectives.
• Provides services as a project or technical leader for major programs and provides detailed technical information in support of SkyWater`s technology development initiatives.
• Focuses on process improvements that support the strategic direction of SkyWater. Uses current technologies and principles to develop innovative approaches.
• Leads manufacturing automation group and provides cross-organizational complex project teams leadership, demonstrates understanding of how to motivate others to perform at high levels as well.
• Uses communication modes to achieve collaboration, buy-in, and alignment with vision both internal to SkyWater as well as with external business partners.
• Works on complex problems requiring in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Foresees possible outcomes and identifies strategies in advance to address a broad range of problems proactively.
Determines methods and evaluation criteria used to obtain objectives.
• Identifies and presents manufacturing customers innovative processes, products or solutions that enhance their business or operations.
• Innovative application of principles, theories and concepts in the job to business and technological opportunities.
Manufacturing Systems Focus:
• Provides systems definition, purchase, configuration, installation. and integration of manufacturing systems, computer hardware, in-house software and third-party software.
• Develops standards for manufacturing system management, system security and data security across platforms.
• Designs systems backup and recovery hardware, software, practices and procedures to meet business requirements.
• Leads the research and pilot development of new manufacturing systems technologies.
• Designs new systems, supporting manufacturing, system architectures and technologies.
• Designs and implements manufacturing system security and assures appropriate tool and resource access to SkyWater's manufacturing systems
• Develops manufacturing systems and tool infrastructure design in alignment with SkyWater`s strategic technology roadmap.
• Leads the research and development of new manufacturing infrastructure technologies.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field of study OR equivalent combination of training and experience plus 7 years manufacturing industry-related experience.
Experience and/or Training:
• Experience developing on multiple software platforms & technologies (C, Perl, HTML, CGI, Java)
• Project Management and solid documentation skills
Education: An advanced degree (Master's/PhD) degree plus 5 years manufacturing industry-related experience.
Experience and/or Training: Database interaction / query building & optimization a plus
SkyWater Technology Foundry offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site gym facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more.
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- 2401 E 86th St, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA