Director of Business Development
Business Unit: Corporate
The Director of Business Development will focus on the company’s Water Infrastructure business unit. This is a newly created position reporting to the SVP Water Infrastructure business segment. The position will be based in Houston or Midland. We’re seeking a business developer with strong commercial and industry knowledge of the energy and/or water business who can articulate Select’s value proposition as the largest national provider of end-to-end water management solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply strong commercial skills to identify and develop new business.
- Hands-on business developer who can present at senior levels to Select’s customers providing insightful commentary to further differentiate Select in the marketplace.
- Partner with Select’s operations and sales organization to develop programs for new business through insightful analytical approaches to water infrastructure development programs.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Highest standards of honesty & integrity.
- High energy, self-starter who proactively identifies & executes on key strategic and tactical priorities to drive creative business development programs which get results.
- Takes initiative and gets things done.
- Naturally intellectually curious and driven to find improved ways to build Select’s national presence.
- Strong communication and listening skills coupled with the ability to think on one’s feet.
- Ability to lead senior level presentations which grow the business.
- Willing to roll up his/her sleeves. The senior leadership team is small, and all are contributors.
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly the ability to quickly assimilate information and determine the economic viability of a prospective transaction.
- Team player that complements Select’s leadership team.
- Strong at building and fostering relationships both inside and outside the company.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Traditional Monday through Friday, 8 – 5 pm, unless operational tempo and requirements dictate otherwise.
- Position works inside a climate-controlled environment a majority of the time.
- Houston, TX, USA