Business Unit: Operational Technology
Select Energy Services the premier oil and gas water management company in the US is accepting applicants for the position of Automation Engineer. Are you an experienced Electrical Engineer looking to join a small team in a challenging and rewarding work environment? Select is looking for a hands-on electrical engineer with a proven track record of solving complex industrial automation problems.
Automation Engineer: Provides expertise and leadership in industrial automation to support Select Energy Services operations as a part of the Technology Products and Services business unit. The duties of the position will include: Working with other Technology staff developing new automated solutions, troubleshooting existing automated assets.
Automation Engineer Job Duties:
- Functions as PLC programmer and system expert for all PLC based automation; designing, building, testing, and implementing automation solutions for Select Energy.
- Maintains excellent written communication stakeholders about developments and plans
- Maintains and strives to improve established automated systems and installations for Select Energy Services.
- Provides all aspects of support and work with a professional and positive attitude.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks with team or independently.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Manages and performs acceptance testing for automated systems
- Manages data collection infrastructure from device to PLC, with data storage locally on HMI utilizing ActiveX controls and HMI contained storage solutions.
- Maintains workflow and programming documentation for all work by writing and updating procedures.
- Builds and maintains cause and effect matrixes for both existing and new PLC programs.
- Manages the creation and maintenance of wiring diagrams
- Works with Project Managers and the application development team to create a Functional Requirements Document for new projects
- Understands the complexities of data collection both online and offline to ensure integrity of historical data to be communicated to Ignition SCADA and front-end databases.
Skills/Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of documented PLC programming/Automated systems/SCADA integration experience. Candidate will have expert understanding of industrial automation processes, including hardware software and electrical aspects of such systems.
B.S in Engineering or equivalent Engineering/PLC Programming discipline required.
Must have demonstrable expertise in the following areas:
Industrial automated process control, Oil and Gas Field Experience, SCADA systems, Problem solving/troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems, PLC programming, HMI design/programming, Electrical system safety and standards, advanced I&E knowledge and skillset.
Ignition SCADA, Industrial communication networks, CIP/Ethernet IP communications protocols, MODBUS protocol, Allen Bradly PLCs, RS Logix 5000/Studio 5000, FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition with focus on PlantPAx® architecture including Add-On Instructions for faceplates.
Travel – 40% of the time
Notes: References and work examples will be expected prior to a formal interview. An evaluation of required skills will be completed prior to hiring.
- Oklahoma City, OK, USA