Sr Operations Manager
Business Unit: Operational Technology
To oversee all business unit field operations, tracking equipment utilization, strategic equipment deployment, being involved with customer relations in regard to equipment specifications, location setup, field procedures, and reporting procedures. Ensure quality control and safe operations during all aspects of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include the following: (other duties may be assigned)
- Meet with company representative to go over job timing, job requirements, equipment requirements, equipment placement and setup using safety standards and or special concerns.
- Onsite (when available) during all operations, change of operational plans or procedures, un-characteristic equipment issues or unanticipated problems occur.
- Ensure that operations meet all standards and practices, including PPE, quality control reports, customer communication, etc.
- Weekly reporting tracking accurate revenue and expense projections, as well as asset utilization and other reports based on automation impact.
- Conduct random audits throughout all locations (report).
- Work with Safety and Training coordinator to update compliance issues.
- Select and train employees on various equipment operations (sensor functions, software/firmware updates, loading new program configurations).
- Work with safety and training coordinator on OT safe standards for new employee and refresher training purposes.
- Work closely with the Assistant and Operations Managers in regards to overall operations and customer support.
- Create and track all invoices to be signed and paid by customers.
- Work with Sales and Marketing (when available) for customer contact and informational operations questions.
- Be involved in all hiring needs and decisions.
- Work with Assistant Managers and Leads to ensure fair and consistent discipline.
- Implement and support future equipment needs, operational needs, and field personnel needs. Create and present monthly reports on operational status and needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Fundamental understanding of how SCADA systems operate.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Energy service company management experience helpful.
- Ability to motivate individuals from different organizations to focus on achieving a common goal.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, flexible and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Exhibit ability to be a strong team player.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to Select’s insurance guidelines.
- Ability to lift 1-15 lbs.
- Involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity to operate specialized equipment.
- Needs high degree of concentration in a busy area.
The company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform the functions of the job.
- Mostly traditional Monday-Friday but as operational flow requires (24/7/365 business operation).
- Overtime as required.
- May require overnight travel.
- Odessa, TX, USA