Business Unit: Water Transfer
The primary duties of a Painter are to prepare equipment surfaces for painting by cleaning, scraping, sanding, and treating metal surfaces with chemicals if needed and to apply paint by sprayer or other methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Mixes, blends and thins paint products, per the manufacturers’ maintenance manual specifications.
- Applies paint to the equipment interior and exterior surfaces. (Paints include: urethanes, acrylic urethanes, enamels, lacquers and epoxy paints.)
- Interprets specifications, color sketches, and instructions and plans sequences, and times the paint operation. This includes mixing ratios, surface preparation, papering and masking, drying time, number of coats, etc.)
- Maintains painting supplies and equipment, including spray guns, air hoses, pumps, paper, and tape.
- Applies registration number, external markings, placards, emergency borders, wing walks, etc. within regulations and specifications.
- Familiar with and understands composite and problem areas on a variety of oilfield equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, following, promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety, environmental, PPE, and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- Successfully completes sustained work at various heights, including but not limited to, 100 feet.
- Proper care and safely use of hand and power tools and all company property.
- Prepares surfaces for painting: cleaning, sanding, and masking.
- Assist in determining parts, supplies, and material requirements for efficient and successful job accomplishment.
- May perform other duties as required by the department.
- Overtime maybe required.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- One year of experience and/or equivalent training
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented due to the necessity of safety
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- High school diploma/ GED
- Experience in energy industry a plus
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical demands including sitting, standing, walking lifting materials (maximum 100lbs) ,carrying, pushing , pulling, repetitive write and hand movements, hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vison), ability of rapid mental coordination, and mentally alert for entire shift.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires 40 hours per week and the willingness to work additional hours when needed.
This position works outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold. The company will supply adequate training and equipment to perform the functions of the job.
- Bridgeport, TX 76426, USA