Contractor - Practitioner, Psychiatric Nurse
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
In collaboration with a designated physician the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) is responsible for providing inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care, including admitting, assessing, furnishing and providing medication management, and managing patient’s following established standards and practices. The PNP will review and analyze patient records in order to furnish and evaluate the usage of psychotropic and other drugs and the quality and appropriateness of the care of mental health patients.
Part time - (12-20 hrs per week) needed for San Leandro location
- Perform complete initial psychiatric assessments on patients to determine DSM IV diagnosis and develop a plan of care including medication furnishing if indicated.
- Provide medication management support –furnishing and dispensing.
- Develop, follow and maintain a comprehensive treatment plan that adequately addresses the behavioral healthcare medical needs of the patient. Use both nursing and psychiatric NP skills to develop a comprehensive and holistic plan of care appropriate to patient’s condition setting and course of care.
- Provide timely documentation of each encounter with a patient including symptoms addressed, need for current treatment, and rationale for any changes in treatment.
- Work in collaboration with other treatment team members to ensure quality of care and consideration of services.
- Must have a Master's Degree in Nursing with a specialty in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing from an accredited university
- Completion of an approved Adult, Child, or Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- Possession of a Certificate by the State of California as a Nurse Practitioner
- Possession of a State of California issued medication furnishing number and a certificate issued by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration for the furnishing for psychotropic medications
- Doctorate degree preferred.
- Must have two to three years of experience with adults and children greater than age 12 who present and are assessed with a DSM-V diagnosis. Experience with mentally ill clients preferred.
License or Certification
- Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Nursing Education and a certificate to practice as a Nurse Practitioner issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Valid California Driver's License required.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, September 23, 2019
- San Leandro, CA, USA