Registered Nurse - On Call
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
The registered nurse cooperates and interacts with other departments and nursing units in the facility.This position is responsible for all medications administered during an assigned shift.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with an RN license required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One (1) year direct service experience with socially and emotionally disturbed (SED) adolescents in an inpatient or outpatient health care setting. Forty (40) hours of on-the-job training may act as a substitute
- One (1) year supervisory experience preferred
- (2) years of experience with SED children is required.
License or Certification
- Valid California RN license
- Ability to pass facility Medication Test within 30 days of employment
- Current CPR certification
- First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
- Valid California Driver License and automobile insurance
Child Care Duties
- Supervise, protect, and care for children individually and in groups at all times.
- Promotes and assists adolescents with self-help skills in the areas of eating, hygiene and grooming and other activities.
- Assist children in working in groups and in handling individual problems.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and care of children, including assistance with activities of daily living, personal care, planned activities, and school.
- Set limits for children’s behavior and administer positive reinforcement and discipline systems.
- Work with physicians social workers to secure informed consent for medication from parents, courts, conservators, etc.
- Take physician orders for medications, seclusion and restraint, denial of rights, medical procedures, Lab work, x-rays, etc. and make sure each order is implemented.
- Visually and audibly observe adolescents physical and psychiatric conditions and reports changes to the Psychiatrist or other Medical Doctor on call.
- Upon verification of informed consents and physician’s orders, administer medication as prescribed.
- Order and assure on-going supply of individual medications for each child.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Torrance, CA, USA