Our products enable the biopharmaceutical industry to be at the forefront in the development and advancement of treatments for serious diseases. Earning sales revenue of more than 1.5 billion euros in 2018 our people come from over 60 nations at 50 sites in 33 countries.
The Human Resource Manager & Business Partner provides management level human resources services to employees and managers in an operations environment. Areas of responsibility include: labor relations, employee relations, compensation and benefits administration, HRIS, employee development programs, talent management guidance and general Human Resource management. This key role builds and sustains strong organizational values and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and continuously improve all core aspects of the human resource operations functions including recruiting, onboarding / offboarding, payroll, HRIS management, employee relations, talent management, benefits, compensation, hiring decisions and all other aspects of the employee life cycle.
• Negotiate contract with labor union, and manage all aspects of maintenance of the contract and ongoing relationship with the union.
• Implement and continuously improve Affirmative Action Program.
• Be a consultative partner to managers to link HR programs, practices and policies with business strategies and objectives. Work collaboratively and proactively with HR counterparts in other regions.
• Proactively manage legal compliance and mitigate risk related to employment. Raise concerns to management; investigate employee complaints; interpret and apply corporate policies with fairness and consistency; and, ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
• Manage employee data, metrics and records using technology such as HRIS and electronic timekeeping systems. Maximize use of technology data systems for efficiency in managing, analyzing, or reporting employee data.
• Oversee local development, implementation and continuous improvement of global, regional or corporate HR initiatives and programs. Align (and change when needed) local policies and procedures to regional or global programs.
• Develop policies and procedures, and oversee implementation and enforcement.
• Manage HR team on site. Provide leadership, guidance, mentoring and direction to local HR staff. Effectively perform all hiring, performance management, development and termination activities for on site HR staff.
• Manage employee benefits programs including but not limited to medical, dental, 401k, LTD/STD, PTO, EAP and other plans. Oversee open enrollment.
• Other duties as assigned
• Position requires approximately 10-20% travel
• 8+ years of relevant HR experience (encompassing employee relations, benefits, HRIS, hiring, labor law and compliance)
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Psychology or relevant field
• Expert fluency in both English and Spanish
• Master’s degree in HR or Business
• PHR, SPHR or comparable certification
• Prior biotechnology/pharma/technology industry
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience working in a global organization
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and HRIS/Applicant Tracking Systems required (Kronos and Workday preferred)
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local HR-related laws and regulations required.
• Experience with delivering presentations and training to managers
• Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to gain cooperation from others
• Able to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Driving our future growth requires talented people. Sartorius is a dynamic organization suited to people who want to showcase skills, be recognized for expertise and thrive in a vibrant and innovative environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Please view equal employment opportunity posters provided by OFCCP here
- Pay Type Salary
- Yauco, 00698, Puerto Rico