Account Manager (Chemical Sales)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Primary responsibility is to grow chemical sales within the assigned territory. Growth success is measured not only in total revenue and profit versus prior year and budget – but specific to product lines and products delineated as focus. Product growth should be achieved mainly through specialty (not commodity) ingredients with defined contract partner suppliers.
- Achieve profitable revenue growth, including robust new business development, at the same time maintaining existing sales.
- Achieve stated gross margin targets through the revenue growth above, combined with best practice pricing management and product line mix.
- Develop, execute and manage sales plans, sales budgets, and expense budgets.
- Prospecting & new business centered on specialty products and high growth applications.
- Establish, track and close new business targets consistent with long-term growth objectives, documented and updated in CRM weekly.
- Customer and supplier interface accountability includes meetings and frequent interaction with both Purchasing and R&D, training, industry events and strategic entertainment.
- Work both directly and cooperatively with channel partners to close business based on customer's purchasing requirements.
- Create and maintain CRM data and sales statistics as required – including sales calls, pipelines, customer contacts, supplier joint projects, and competitive pricing requests.
- Maintain and share Outlook calendar for work activities that are used for sales statistics and joint collaboration with Sales Manager.
- Work with Technical Service, Customer Service, Sales Manager, Segment Manager and Supplier Partners to ensure customer requirements and satisfaction are met.
- Proven ability to interact effectively across functions and levels at customers, suppliers and internally within Ravago Chemicals North America.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Complex thinking skills in translating customer needs into solutions – and solutions into commercial sales.
- Demonstrated past success with developmental/R&D sales for new customer projects, as well as success with market share shift (tactical selling) through customer Purchasing team to replace competitive business across various accounts and applications.
- Technical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of solutions, materials and processing across applications and market segments.
- Minimal training and oversight required. Self-motivated and able to work autonomously on a day to day basis.
- Team player, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Able to travel 40% - 60% (depending on where candidate resides).
- Good computer skills, proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook and CRM.
- Professional presence, including: excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; professional entertainment with customers and suppliers; professional participation in industry associations and/or networking events.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university: technical discipline related to Chemical Sales is preferred (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, etc). Ideal candidate will have experience in formulation and/or specialty ingredient sales across a broad range of personal care applications.
Ravago Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with this employer depends solely upon your qualifications.
- Pay Type Salary