Business Development Manager- Utilities Sector
A Business Development Manager (BDM) will pursue and land qualified leads identified by marketing and personal lead generation efforts. They will be expected to identify the most suitable value propositions, services, solutions and cost structures for identified target markets. A BDM will be responsible for sales, maintaining a pipeline of early stage leads, forecasting potential wins and gathering competitive intelligence in the marketplace.
- Hunt for new opportunities from a list of named account targets across all solutions in high revenue opportunity segments
- Recommend pricing and understand margin and profitability impact
- Represent Prometric at Industry conferences, events, and meaningful networking opportunities (e.g., industry conferences)
- Expertise on necessary Prometric solution knowledge, know when to call in a technical expert for appropriate opportunities
- Identify the most suitable value propositions, services, solutions and cost structures for identified target markets
- Ensure opportunity adoption and search for expansion opportunities until handoff to the appropriate Implementation Manager and Account Executive
- Maintain a pipeline of early stage leads, forecast potential wins
- Use Prometric’ s sales tools (e.g. SFDC) and methodology to effectively manage customer and opportunity data
- For all non-RFP opportunities, lead contract negotiation for commercial items, coordinate with legal and necessary departments to finalize terms
- Minimum of 8-10 years solution based, consultative sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four year college or university
- Proven track record in effectively developing Business Development strategy and delivering results through others.
- Strong financial acumen, with experience developing metrics and pricing programs.
- Experience of selling high-value contracts involving multiple decision makers.
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Familiarity with Microsoft technology for business environments.
- Network of contacts in sectors that the business can target for customer acquisition preferred.
- Sound business acumen, with the expertise to construct commercials proposals, and to negotiate to close.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Articulate and confident, with the ability to build relationships with executives at all levels in target organizations.
- A highly motivated and driven person focused on achieving and exceeding targets.
- A strong networker and influencer.
- Excellent communication skills including interpersonal and the ability to connect with customers, colleagues, and co-workers.
- Ability to travel up 30%.
- Pay Type Salary
- Baltimore, MD, USA