Quality Assurance Manager
|Pregis LLC is a leading global provider of
innovative protective packaging materials and systems. We design, develop and
deliver packaging solutions for a wide variety of consumer and industrial
market segments. Our products and systems can be found in virtually every
industry and are supported by a comprehensive sales, customer service,
technical service and distribution network.|
With 29 facilities in North America, we have a variety of positions from manufacturing, administrative, finance, sales and more! And we are always looking to grow – within our current businesses, acquisition, geographic expansion or strategic partnerships.
Core Values: Integrity - Innovation - Customer Focus - Value Creation - Teamwork
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Pregis is a leader in manufactured packaging solutions focused on innovation, teamwork and continuous improvement. The Production Supervisor at Pregis Pomona is responsible for the safe production of finished goods in a fast paced industrial environment. Leadership and productivity are essential to the success of this position which will be organizing the daily activities of approximately 20 employees across a 24 – 5 schedule. The successful candidate will be able to motivate, coach, and influence their team to identify improvement opportunities and drive change.
The Production Manager is responsible for the full management and performance of the Extrusion Department in the safe production of high-quality film (blown film extrusion). The Production Manager will be responsible for all aspects of this 24/7 high-volume production environment including: safety, quality, production management, personnel management, technical solutions, materials management, reporting, training, etc.
Education / Experience: Minimum level of education and experience required
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 5+ years’ Production experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with Lean principles / Continuous Improvement.
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety, including behavior safety programs
- Experience in GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
- Experience working in a fast-paced management and managing multiple shifts and manufacturing personnel
- Strong history of meeting production goals
- Strong technical ability; Must possess troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching shift leads and employees
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
Skills & Training: Specific skills, training or certifications needed to perform the position.
- Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment.
- Computer proficiencies to include SAP.
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work well across functions.
- Exceptional written, verbal skills.
- Able to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision-making for resource allocation.
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated personal and professional effectiveness in initiative across a complex organization.
Collaborative; work well in a team environment.
- Job Family General
- Job Function General
- Pay Type Salary
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA