Time & Billing Specialist
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments.
We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Time and Billing Specialist is responsible for handling billing, disbursements, trust account money, revenue received by the Firm.
The Time and Billing Specialist will work a regular schedule as determined by the manager. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Edits pre-bill narratives, adjusts fees and costs according to Billing Attorney’s instructions.
• Transfers time and cost entries to other matters incorrectly entered by a timekeeper.
• Generates invoices and prepares for proofing by other members of the team before mailing to the client.
• Prepares and reviews matter for billing, especially electronic billing by entering exception rates, matter identification number, claim number, claims representative name and other pertinent information required by the client.
• Responds to internal and external requests regarding account status, transaction detail etc. Performs research and communicates timely with all stakeholders informed. Produces and distributes reports as requested.
• Responds to all requests for W-9’s, audit requests, and credit references for clients.
• Ensures all cost data uploads are performed and any expenses that must be posted manually are posted within required time frame. Researches and reconciles any discrepancies in billing information.
• Manages the workflow of an assigned group of attorneys. Ensures that internal and external clients are serviced with courtesy and professionalism in all interactions.
• Ensures all Firm policies and procedures are followed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Billing and AP Manager.
• Associates Degree in business, accounting, or related field. Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
• 2+ years of accounting experience in a law firm.
• Excellent time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without error, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Strong technical knowledge and experience with accounting systems (3E) as well as Microsoft Office.
• Substantial analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail. Ability to think creatively about new solutions.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, team player, and self-directed.
- Parker Poe, 1180 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
- Parker Poe, PNC Plaza, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
- Parker Poe, Three Wells Fargo Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America