Banking and Commercial Real Estate Paralegal
Become part of the Parker Poe team that – for more than a century – has represented many of the Southeast’s largest companies and local governments.
We are a tight-knit firm that values the person beyond the lawyer or professional. Because of this, in addition to structured integration efforts, you will find that mentorship, professional development, and internal referrals happen organically. If you want to join a collaborative team providing sophisticated legal services – without losing sight of our calling to give back to our communities – this is the place to be.
We are not utilizing agencies to fill this position.
The Banking and Commercial Real Estate Paralegal will work in our Columbia office supporting both Banking & Capital Markets and Commercial Real Estate practice groups. This is a non-exempt administrative position that reports to the Office Administrator and assigned attorneys. There are no direct reports to this position.
The Paralegal will work a regular schedule as determined by the Office Administrator and/or assigned attorneys. The typical schedule will consist of 7.5 hours per day equating to 37.5 hours per week. Additional hours (including overtime) will be required on occasion.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and prepare preliminary drafts of loan documents
- Manage due diligence checklists and review for commercial finance transactions
- Draft closing documents and settlement statements on behalf of lenders, sellers, and purchasers.
- Review title and survey and prepare title commitments and policies
- Review and plot legal descriptions
- Prepare and file UCC financing statements and amendments
- Organize, analyze, and track lien searches and real property tax and ownership information
- Draft, prepare, and organize necessary legal and closing documents
- Fund transactions through trust accounts
- Prepare final transcripts for closings and economic development transactions
- Organize and coordinate document signings with clients and other financing parties Assist attorneys in general corporate matters including maintaining corporate records for U.S. and international companies
- Manage file, and maintain database/records for all Closing Transcripts.
- At least 5+ years of corporate, banking, and commercial real estate experience preferred, but not required. Paralegal certificate and/or college degree preferred
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and the ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Exceedingly well organized and detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment as necessary
- Critical thinking, proficiency in problem solving, and decision making skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and accommodate rush requests
- Must be a team player, willing to help other team members during peak times
- Superior computer skills, using Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication and writing skills
- Parker Poe, 1221 Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America