Group Exercise Instructor
Position Title: Group Exercise Instructor
Location: CVPH Wellness & Fitness Center
Join our team of full time and part time staff at The CVPH Wellness & Fitness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Group Exercise Instructor is responsible for teaching group exercise classes in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests of the Fitness Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach Group Exercise classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
3. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
4. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
5. Report any equipment needs, or broken equipment needing repair to supervisor immediately following class.
6. Record participation numbers after every Group Exercise class.
7. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
8. Provide a fun and engaging experience for the participants.
9. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
10. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
11. Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED preferred.
• A group exercise instructor certification required. Preferably an NCCA accredited certification.
• Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
• CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
• Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- CVPH Wellness and Fitness Center, 295 New York Rd, Plattsburgh, New York, United States of America