Swim Instructor - 003019
Position Title: Swim Instructor
Type: Part Time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Mercy Fairfield HealthPlex. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Swim Instructor is responsible for providing members an individualized instruction that is tailored to their needs and skill ability. The Swim Instructor will also teach group lessons and help with various clinics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead individual and small group swim classes to members and guests of various fitness levels.
2. Teach within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
4. Assess client's needs by performing an evaluation of their strength and ability in the water.
5. Respond to and schedule all requests for swim instruction.
6. Provide suggestions for new programs and monthly swim promotions.
7. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
8. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed sessions/classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
9. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
10. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
11. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum 1 year related experience instructing and/or coaching swim required.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
Current Lifeguard certification from a nationally recognized organization required, if required by state law.
Water Safety Instructor certification is preferred.
USA Swim Coaching level 1 preferred.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HealthPlex, 3050 Mack Road, Fairfield, Ohio, United States of America