Position Title: Aqua Instructor
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at the Queen City Mercy HealthPlex. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Aqua Instructor is responsible for teaching aquatic exercise classes in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests of the center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Teach within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
4. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
5. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
6. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
7. Provide a fun and engaging experience for the participants.
8. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
9. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
10. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
A group exercise instructor certification preferred. Preferably an NCCA accredited certification.
Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mercy Health - Queen City HealthPlex, 3131 Queen City Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
- Ohio, USA