Opti-Life Fitness Specialist
Position Title: Fitness Specialist
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Opti-Life. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Fitness Specialist is responsible for providing professional fitness services with the highest level of customer service to members and guests of the center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide fitness floor supervision and basic exercise instruction for members, guests and medically integrated program participants.
2. Screen health history information and coordinate processes for the receipt of medical clearance as applicable.
3. Schedule and perform all appointments for fitness assessments, orientations and follow up appointments complying with established protocols.
4. Deliver and explain fitness assessment results with the provision of exercise guidelines and program recommendations to members. Discuss and make recommendations related to their individual goals.
5. Arrive as first responder to all medical emergencies with urgency, bringing AED and additional first aid supplies. Complete incident report for all medical emergencies.
6. Promote and effectively sell all ancillary services including, but not limited to personal training, medically integrated programs, wellness coaching and nutrition services.
7. Maintain knowledge of all events and activities within the center.
8. Perform facility rounds every 30-60 minutes including monitoring of all pool, locker rooms and fitness related areas.
9. Perform opening and closing procedures on weekdays, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
10. Maintain cleanliness of fitness areas and equipment, inspect equipment and upholstery and report any required maintenance or repair, removing the equipment from service until maintenance is completed.
11. Ability to lift 45 pounds.
12. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education major required.
Prior part time work experience or part time internship in the fitness industry preferred.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (Provided by Power Wellness)
Nationally recognized NCCA accredited certification preferred.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
Proficient computer skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wichita, KS, USA