Opti-Life Personal Trainer
Position Title: Personal Trainer
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Opti-Life. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Personal Trainer is responsible for providing clients with a training program specific to the client’s individual needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Personal Trainer:
1. Lead individual, partner and small group personal training sessions to members and guests of varying fitness levels.
2. Train within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
4. Assess client’s fitness level and appropriately design a training program taking their medical history and fitness goals into consideration for a safe and effective approach to exercise.
5. Respond to and schedule all requests for personal training services.
6. Provide suggestions for new programs that promote and contribute to the growth of personal training services for the members and community.
7. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
8. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by starting and ending sessions on time, and avoiding missed sessions.
9. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
10. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
11. Other duties assigned.
Qualifications for Personal Trainer:
Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education major required.
Nationally recognized NCCA accredited Personal Trainer certification required.
Prior work experience as Personal Trainer or an internship in the fitness industry preferred.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wichita, KS, USA