Manager on Duty
Northwestern Medicine Huntley Health & Fitness Center, 10450 Algonquin Road, Huntley, Illinois, United States of America Req #1832
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Position Title: Manager-on-Duty
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience and/or training preferred.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor with a high level of organizational skills and efficiency.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgement without supervision on human resources and administrative matters of significance.
Position Purpose/General Summary
The purpose of the Manager on Duty (MOD) is to provide leadership and support for employees and center operations. Ensure that all associates are providing the highest level of customer service to members, guests and prospects of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide leadership and support for all employees and center operations during MOD shift.
2. Represent the Center in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner and encourage team members to do the same.
3. Support team members of all departments as needed and provide regular feedback to department managers through the MOD communication summary.
4. Maintain knowledge of all events and activities within the center as it relates to member communication, promotion of ancillary services and retention.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of service desk procedures such as, but not limited to member check in, guest registration, scheduling appointments, account inquiry, upgrades, downgrades, cancellations and all Point of Sale (POS) transactions.
6. Oversee activities at the service desk including opening and closing procedures, answering phones, using overhead intercom as needed, monitor employee radio activity, member and guest check in, and lost and found.
7. Be proactive and responsive to all inquiries at the service desk.
8. Be able to conduct a center tour to all prospects, using tour guide policy.
9. Be able to proficiently enroll members via contract, explaining membership, obtaining signature and payment and providing member handbook.
10. Provide excellent customer service when responding to and/or addressing all member, customer and employee concerns and questions.
11. Report any pool and facility related issues to Facility Engineer and/or designate.
12. Complete and submit a summary report of the events occurring during your shift(s) to center management and Center Director.
13. Provide leadership and center oversight for day-to-day operations across all departments as it relates to member, employee or facility-related issues that might arise.
14. Participate in management meetings and all-team meetings.
15. Work Manager on Duty shifts as assigned.
16. Be proficient in all core business software as it relates to job duties and responsibilities.
17. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
18. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
19. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
20. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures including the use of facility paging system and confidence in calling and communicating with EMS.
21. Participate in Company's HIPAA and related training.
22. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during interactions and work related relationships with all persons at the center including but not limited to members, guests and employees as provided in the Employee Handbook at the time of hire.
23. Demonstrate Power Wellness Core Values & Beliefs.
24. Other duties as assigned.
We Improve Life By Delivering Excellence In Health, Fitness & Wellness Management.
Integrity * Excellence * Humanity * Passion * Creativity * Humility
- Pay Type Hourly
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Health & Fitness Center, 10450 Algonquin Road, Huntley, Illinois, United States of America