Position Title: Pilates Instructor
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Northwestern Medicine Crystal Lake Health & Fitness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Pilates Instructor is responsible for teaching Pilates exercise classes in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests of the Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach Pilates classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Teach within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
4. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
5. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
6. Report any equipment needs, or broken equipment needing repair to supervisor immediately following class.
7. Record participation numbers after every class.
8. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
9. Provide a fun and engaging experience for the participants.
10. Be proficient in all core business software as it relates to job duties and responsibilities.
11. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
12. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
13. Other duties as assigned.
A current certification for Pilates Mat instruction from a recognized Pilates training program is required to teach Pilates Mat classes in a group exercise format is required.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
A group exercise instructor certification preferred. Preferably an NCCA accredited certification.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor
- Pay Type Hourly
- Northwestern Medicine Crystal Lake Health & Fitness Center, 200 Congress Parkway, Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States of America