Children's Area Associate
Position Title: Child Care Associate
Department: Children’s Area
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Power Wellness serves hospitals, healthcare systems, universities and community colleges with varying portfolios. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to plan, create, develop and manage an inviting, customized, and economically self-sustaining fitness and wellness center.
The Child Care Associate is responsible for providing child care services in a safe, caring, secure and effective manner with age appropriate interactions, play activities, and experiences for the children within the determined age range.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
2. Lead daily crafts and activities for all age and skill levels and provide positive age appropriate interactions.
3. Be knowledgeable of and enforce the Center’s child care policies to ensure a safe environment for all children.
4. Provide parents and children a comfortable, safe and secure environment in a friendly setting.
5. Be receptive to parent's feedback, concerns and/or questions related to child care; including appropriate follow up with supervisor for support as needed.
6. The ability to lift and carry infants and toddlers.
7. Be proficient in all core business software as it relates to job duties and responsibilities.
8. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
9. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
10. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
11. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Required education, experience, licensure/certification and required skills and abilities)
High School diploma or GED preferred.
1 year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
Minimum 6 months related child care experience or training preferred.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
Proficient computer skills.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Huntley Health & Fitness Center, 10450 Algonquin Road, Huntley, Illinois, United States of America