Yoga Instructor - (Part-time)
Position Title: Yoga Instructor
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Kishwaukee Health and Wellness Center. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Yoga Instructor is responsible for teaching Yoga within the group exercise format in a professional and safe manner to the members and guests of the Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Teach within standard guidelines of specialty certifications.
3. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
4. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meeting continuing education requirements.
5. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
6. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
7. Provide Yoga instruction to members and non-members in the various forms for individual and/or group settings as required for the Center.
8. Instruct other personal trainers, fitness professionals and physical therapists on the basics of Yoga as needed.
9. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules.
10. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
11. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures and confidence communicating with EMS.
Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum 2 years of experience in group class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
A group exercise instructor certification preferred. Preferably an NCCA accredited certification.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kishwaukee Health & Fitness Center, 1 Kish Hospital Drive, DeKalb, Illinois, United States of America