Position Title: Group Fitness Spin Instructor
Type: Part time
We improve life and we’re here to serve. What you do is something special and contributes towards improving health within your community. Join our team of full time and part time staff at Virtua Center for HealthFitness. Our facility is managed by Power Wellness Management, a company that specializes in managing state-of-the-art medically integrated health and fitness centers. Power Wellness is a medical fitness industry pioneer who improves the lives of clients with a unique and customized approach to medical fitness center development and management. Their turnkey method takes away the stress of the development and management process allowing clients to focus on other areas of their business.
The Group Fitness Spin Instructor is responsible for teaching group spin classes in a professional, highly energetic and safe manner to the members and guests of the Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach Group Fitness Spin classes as scheduled, providing modifications to accommodate varying fitness levels.
2. Understand contraindicated exercises providing a safe and effective approach to exercise.
3. Maintain industry certification in good standing and meet continuing education requirements.
4. Ensure arrival time allows for proper set up so that class begins on time, ends on time and that area is cleaned up after class.
5. Report any equipment needs, or broken equipment needing repair to supervisor immediately following class.
6. Record participation numbers after every Group Fitness Spin class.
7. Demonstrate accountability to schedule by avoiding missed classes and seek substitute instructors in advance.
8. Provide a fun and engaging experience for the participants.
9. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
10. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours and work schedules. 11. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- A group fitness instructor certification required. Preferably an NCCA accredited certification.
- Certification for some specialty group fitness class instruction is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in group fitness class instruction, teaching a variety of styles, levels and population preferred.
- CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire (provided by Power Wellness)
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Virtua Center for HealthFitness - Moorestown, 401 Young Avenue, Moorestown, New Jersey, United States of America