GCS - Estimator
This key role is to provide drawing take-off, specification selection and submittal, pricing and project management support of our Div 10 Special Projects Division. Additional responsibilities will be, but not limited to, communication with GC’s, Sub-Contractors and other field personnel as needed or required, as well as interaction with manufactures and our operations coordinator. Must be comfortable with field meetings and / or sales calls to jobsites as situations dictate.
Proficiency in estimating software, Microsoft Office and scheduling are essential. Ability to handle time pressures while maintaining accuracy will be vital to the successful filling of this position.
· Contribute to selection of opportunities for bid dept.
· Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specs and related documents
· Identifies labor, material and time requirements by studying proposals, spec and documents.
· Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing project documents
· Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
· Maintains vendor / MFG pricelist and relations.
· Follows up on opportunities and customer relations as needed.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing team goals.
· College Diploma or University Degree
· Highly self motivated and directed, w/ attention to detail.
· Able to prioritize tasks in a high pressure environment
· Strong, hands on knowledge of PC/ Microsoft systems, On-screen Take-Off
· Ability to adhere to the organizations goals and objectives
· Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Job Family Non-Union
- Pay Type Hourly
- 15900 103rd St, Lemont, IL 60439, USA