DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
DO YOU LIKE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES!!
The Direct Support Professional II supports individuals with developmental disabilities to have quality of life. The Direct Support Professional II promotes the health, safety and well-being of residents. A Direct Support Professional II serves as an advocate for our clients.
People's Care Residential Homes in the East Los Angeles Area is looking to add some new Direct Support Professional 2 staff to this home! We have all shifts available for Full Time and Part Time!!!
- Attend to the needs of each resident, including assisting them with grooming, bathing, hygiene, toileting, feeding and communicating other individual needs they may have
- Administer medications to individual(s) and follow the five rights for verification purposes
- Maintain a safe environment for the residents by cleaning the homes, informing the Administrator about any broken/inoperable items, locking up medicines and chemicals and reporting any problems that can cause injuries
- Complete and continually update client notes system and information about the residents and any changes in behavior
- Report any incidents or evidence of abuse or violation of residents’ rights to Administrator and appropriate agencies
- Complete all electronic training system requirements and required training and courses in a timely manner
- Attend Individual Program Plan Meetings for the residents and act as an advocate
- Check all fire alarms and fire extinguisher(s) to make sure they are updated and functioning
- Support the needs and goals of each resident such as taking them to medical appointments, visiting families and friends, taking them to participate in leisure activities, and encouraging them to socialize with peers
- Change clients’ under garments and/or clothing as needed
- Dress according to dress code and safety purposes
- Attend regular staff meetings and participate in continuing education and trainings
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Alhambra, CA, USA
- Monterey Park, CA, USA
- Rosemead, CA, USA
- San Gabriel, CA, USA