The Quality Assurance and Training Specialist is responsible for ensuring services are delivered in line with program designs, Titles 17 and 22, and People’s Care’s exceptional standards. Furthermore, the Quality Assurance and Training Specialist is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering training programs to People’s Care employees to ensure maximum adherence to regulations, policies, and procedures.
Ensures that all operational quality processes are maintained through audit/inspection processes that include monthly scheduled and unscheduled audit visits, identifying service issues and barriers, designing and leading training initiatives, making recommendations for service improvement to operational leadership, and resource coordination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of state and federal laws, Title 17 and 22, Individual Program Plans, person-centered practices, behavior modification programming, regional centers audit practices, and various program types and therapeutic modalities.
Skills Required: Technical proficiency, time management and multi-tasking skills, leadership skills, analytical skills, strong written and communication skills, advanced training and presentation skills, independent judgment and decision making skills, critical thinking, active listening, and demonstration of emotional intelligence.
Abilities Required: Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships. Creative ability, writing proficiency and visual graphics design. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational changes. Ability to combine industry knowledge with outstanding verbal, written, presentation and computer skills to achieve meaningful results. Must be willing and able to travel.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Education: Bachelor Degree preferred. CPR, First Aid, and CPI certificates required
Minimum Experience: Must have minimum two (2) years directly related experience with training/teaching/auditing.
Other Requirements: First Aid / CPR / CPI / Group Home / Adult Residential Certificate / Residential Care Facility Certificate
- Ensure quality assurance and compliance across all People’s Care’s locations via monthly, quarterly, and annual quality assurance audits
- Provide thorough written audit reports and reviews of People’s Care programs
- Ensure that programs implement corrective and preventive investigations and action plans in response to all incidents and audits, in a timely manner.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable State and Federal Regulations, Regional Center Guidelines, and People’s Care’s policies and procedures. Leads the practical interpretation and implementation of State and Federal Regulations, Regional Center Guidelines, and People’s Care’s policies and procedures to ensure that all site activities are compliant. Ensure that documentation and records are compliant.
- Use audit findings and current industry knowledge to inform the introduction of new or improved training resources and enhanced training initiatives.
- Research, develop, write and present effective training materials to any and all levels of employees using a full variety of media
- Participate in performance improvement activities and ensure service quality through care coordination
- May oversee a team of quality assurance coordinators and/or trainers to aid in the dissemination of best practices.
- Exemplify the desired People’s Care culture and philosophies of the organization
- Participate in and perform additional quality assurance, training, or compliance projects as required
Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance / Paid Time Off / 401K / Vacation-Sick / Holiday Pay