Merchandise Analyst, Apparel
The Merchandise Analyst is responsible for supporting the Orvis Apparel (Men’s and Women’s) Merchandising teams in the development and delivery of business intelligence. In this role, you will be responsible for developing management, merchandising and marketing reports and analyzing sales and customer data to support planning decisions. This includes analyzing data across all channels (catalog, digital, retail), documenting findings and developing recommendations. Strategies and tactics evaluated will include catalog product placement, catalog assortment recommendations, web assortment analysis and placement recommendations, cross channel item promotions and price point evaluations. The ideal candidate will be able to understand marketing, merchandising and customer data-related questions, translate them into executable steps and possess the technical skills to conduct analysis.
We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspires the individuals who will get us there. Our associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature. We invite and inspire associates to connect with the adventure and wonder of the outdoor world. Come join us in a life outdoors. We believe the most meaningful experiences are created by sharing the love of nature and being inspired by its endless possibilities.
Who you will be working with:
The Merchandise Analyst will report directly to the Apparel DMM. Daily interfaces can be expected with the GMM, Men’s and Women’s Senior Merchants, Merchandise Operations and Planning team, Sourcing and Production, Product Developers and Designers, Retail, Marketing, Web Merchants, and Creative.
This position is based in our Home Office in Sunderland, Vermont. Our Vermont location is a dog-friendly office, so you may have a few 4-legged office mates as well. Orvis Dogs at Work
What you will be working on:
• Partner with DMM and Senior Merchants on pre-season assortment strategies and in-season business management
• Analyze and report Catalog, Web and Retail Merchandise sales data for business trends and performance analysis
• Develop business driving strategies from a multi-channel viewpoint
• Work with merchants to draw conclusions and recommendation on analytic findings
• Provide reporting for Catalog Analysis and Planning Meetings
• Partner with DMM and Senior Merchants on seasonal pricing review and strategies
• Support the Merchandising and Marketing teams by generating ad hoc reports, troubleshooting reporting/data inquiries
Skills that will be important in this role:
• Highly motivated self-starter
• Tech-savvy and have the ability to learn new concepts
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort in presenting to a group
• Ability to work well with people of widely varied personalities and skills
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Confidently handle multiple projects simultaneously and under deadlines
Qualifications we are looking for:
• Proven Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Interest in the retail industry; previous corporate retail experience is a plus
• Minimum of 2 years work experience in an operations or analyst role
• BA/BS from a 4-year program in a quantitative field, business or marketing-related major preferred
In 1856, Charles F. Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, building superior fly-fishing equipment, and priding himself on unmatched customer satisfaction & service. Today, our mission is to inspire the world to love the adventure and wonder in nature. At our core, we are a fly-fishing and wingshooting brand, inspired by nature, driven by curiosity, and fulfilled by adventure and an ethic of conservation. Our passion for designing best-in-class fly-fishing tackle, gear, and performance hunting apparel has inspired our wide assortment of men’s and women’s sportswear, innovative dog beds & accessories, luggage, gifts and travel product—all built with a quality that makes us proud to own & give. Every product or service we offer is backed by superior customer service and a 100% guarantee of satisfaction.
Privately owned by the Perkins family since 1965, Orvis is headquartered in the Green Mountains of Southwestern Vermont with major operations in Roanoke, Virginia and the United Kingdom. Orvis is an international, multi-channel retailer with approximately 1,700 employees. Our award-winning website, orvis.com, offers more than 5,000 products with 34 million visits/year. The company mails more than 48 catalog editions each year with a total annual circulation in excess of 57 million. As of 2019, Orvis runs over 74 retail stores and 8 outlets in the US, and 18 retail stores in the UK. Our wholesale division services more than 500 independent dealers worldwide. The Orvis blog (orvis.com/news) offers a wide variety of editorial and educational content to more than 2.5 million visitors per year, with extensive articles and videos about fly fishing, wingshooting, dogs, conservation, and more. Our Learning Center (howtoflyfish.orvis.com) provides the most comprehensive collection of online videos and resources devoted to fly-fishing education, while the Orvis-endorsed network of lodges, outfitters, and guides deliver exceptional sporting and eco-travel experiences across the United States and the world.
At Orvis, we’ve fostered a supportive company culture that inspires every associate to aim for great things, where they fully engage to help the company meet its goal of exceptional product development & customer service. Orvis offers competitive compensation commensurate with scope of responsibilities and experience required; plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401K with a company match, generous Associate Discounts, and other excellent benefits. Orvis strives to have a workplace where associates will come to work every day being fully engaged in helping the company meet its goal of exceptional customer service while producing profits necessary to be successful long-term.
To learn more and connect with Orvis, please visit us online http://www.orvis.com/.
- Pay Type Salary
- Sunderland, VT, USA