Special Projects Manager - Public Policy
St. Paul's is seeking an experienced employee to work directly for our CEO. This role will have direct impact on planning and managing legislative events, board meetings, and other events with community, business, and political leaders.
This position will also serve as the Legislative Liaison for the CEO and will attend and represent the CEO, and St. Paul's Senior Services at meetings and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and manage the Annual Legislative Breakfast.
- Supports the Executive Assistant with the Annual Board Retreat.
- Supports the Executive Assistant with the planning of the annual Board Tea
- Cultivate relationships with key congressional (should this be “political leaders”) leaders and staff.
- Assist the CEO with all Rotary functions and meetings.
- Arrange and coordinate special meetings for the CEO.
- Prepares the Administration Department’s Community benefit report
- Schedule and organize all Community Board engagements and Board related events for the CEO.
- Assist the CEO in raising the visibility of St. Paul's in the business and philanthropic community.
- Shall be expected to generate creative, innovative ideas that will assist the CEO to achieve the goals and objectives of St. Paul's.
- Manages all PACE related CEO duties & committees.
- Support the CEO’s community involvement.
- Neat and courteous with good grooming habits and be professional at all times
- Must be able to communicate with, be interested in, and have compassion for the aged.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in the English language.
- Possess excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and goals, and to handle multiple tasks, changing goals, deadlines and priorities.
- Must have superb telephone skills and demeanor to handle any unexpected crisis or challenge, remaining calm at all times.
- The position requires reliable transportation.
Education and/or Experience:
Education: Degree preferred in Business Administration/ Organizational Development or related field
- A minimum of seven years as a professional in a busy office.
- Experience in a Non Profit/service oriented organization preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, be able to adjust quickly to interruptions and schedule changes, and work well with a wide range of professional and non-professional community leaders.
- Advanced computer skills in a broad range of applications
- Be able to write business correspondence in a professional and grammatically correct manner in English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the corporate structure and its inter-departmental interaction.
- Knowledge of legal business requirements for record keeping and recording is essential.
St. Paul's is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We have locations throughout San Diego County including 5 in San Diego (Bankers Hill), 2 in Chula Vista, and 1 in El Cajon. St. Paul's strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Paul's Bankers Hill, 328 MAPLE STREET, SAN DIEGO, California, United States of America