AM Restaurant Bartender
To effectively promote and sell the Bluefin menu and provide an outstanding
service experience to our guests.
Functions: (Include but are not limited to the
Attendance as scheduled is required.
Greet guests upon arrival and make them feel welcome.
Accurate take all food and beverage orders.
Place orders with the kitchen and bar by placing them in the Micro’s computer system.
Speak in front of groups. (ie. describing specials.)
Answer all questions about cooking methods, menu items, specials and prices of all
Check food to ensure that appearance, temperature and portions are correct and
deliver the food orders in a timely fashion.
Prepare the guest check accurately and present it to the guest following standard check
Collect payment from the guest and make accurate change as necessary.
Clean, clear and re-set the dining room tables.
Clean and re-stock all service items and complete side-work checklists.
- Assist in seating and greeting the guest also answering the Bluefin telephone as needed.
- Assist with room service order taking and delivery as needed.
- Ability to read and write and speak in English. (High school diploma)
- Two years bartending experience in a
high volume or fine dining restaurant or dining facility.
- Effective and clear communication skills.
- Professional and friendly hospitality skills.
- Practice food safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages.
TIPs certification or other alcohol serves safe certification is required.
- Ability to work with the Micro’s computer
- Able to multi-task and organize
multiple orders, thoughts, and tasks within the same given time.
- Observation-Bartenders need to
sharpen their powers of observation and highly develop their ability to
- Engaging, welcoming, and always “on-stage”.
turn guests into friends
and Grace- handling the tools and the small theatrical elements. The sense
of confidence should be apparent to all guests the bar.
- Multitasked- A bartender’s skill at
being many things to many people is one of the most compelling and
challenging aspects of the job. The bartender is a source of information
on the day’s events in sports and general news, a glossary of where to
dine, drink, and see and be seen.
- Determine the conversation- if it’s
welcome and, more generally, why the guest has come and how to make the
visit a success.
- Building a drink- Learning the proper
way to build a drink is a great way to develop consistency and control.
- Being active at all times– making
drinks, restocking, taking inventory, cutting garnishes – can get into
high gear a lot faster when it gets busy.
and lifting food trays of up to 40 lbs.
moving at a fast pace.
standing for the full shift.
to climb stairs.
to carry hot and cold food items.
- Hearing: Must be able to take guest
orders, and hear guest request.
- Vision: Must be able to check for
food accuracy, and be able to assess guest body language or expressions.
- Speech: Must be able to explain food
items and specials.
- Literacy: Must be able to write and
coffee machine, blender, Micro’s computer terminal.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Providence, RI, USA