To assist the Chief Engineer in the operation of the engineering department. To assist guests with maintenance related issues. To maintain the building and grounds as directed.
Attendance as scheduled is required.
- Adhere to all Marriott and Meyer Jabara Hotel policies and procedures.
- Complete tasks associated with preventative maintenance programs.
- Respond to guest calls and resolve guest issues to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Insure guest satisfaction to the best of your ability.
- Support the Quality Improvement Process.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Be familiar with all the duties and responsibilities of the other engineers.
- Maintain the files and logs kept in the Engineering department.
- Have a working knowledge of all Marriott and Meyer Jabara Hotel standard operating procedures.
- Communicate the need for supplies and tools.
- Actively participate in the Hotel Theme and Journey programs.
- Correct or report any potentially unsafe situation to the Chief Engineer.
- Always maintain a positive attitude towards guests and employees.
- A minimum three years of maintenance related work experience.
- Minimum of two years hotel maintenance preferred.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and carpentry a plus.
- Self-starting, even tempered personality with the ability to get along with others and function under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Required to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to satisfy guest needs.
- Must be able to meet standards of appearance.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to operate hotel vehicle.
Physical Job Requirements:
Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying required to inspect and
Frequent bending and kneeling required to inspect and repair
100% mobility required to quickly reach all areas of hotel in emergency
Frequent standing and climbing of stairs and ladders
Frequent need to drive company truck to get equipment and supplies
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Providence, RI, USA