Banquet Server/Bartender - The Center at Holiday Inn
Ensures the operational abilities of the Banquets Department by preparing for, maintaining, and recovering from various activities and functions in the Banquet Department.
- Resolves guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; responds promptly to any guest request for service.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Maintains a “can do” and a “guests first” attitude at all times.
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Attends scheduled training sessions within the hotel as dictated by the brand and the hotel management.
- Serve food and beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to the brand’s high standards of quality.
- Knowledge of event menu items and their contents.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Knowledge of preparation and garnishing methods.
- Setting up, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms according to event orders and standards.
- Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc., from tables either during or at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding area.
- Complete and assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, etc.
- Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
The major responsibility in this position is to operate the functional areas of banquets, therefore a significant portion of the workday is spent moving about, speaking, and listening, usually while standing up.
The vast majority of time is spent moving about while communicating with staff or guests. Close interaction with staff and guests is essential in this position to ensure guest satisfaction.
Lifting, pulling, or carrying items weighing approximately 50 pounds occurs a majority of the time, and lifting, pulling or assisting in carrying items weighing 100 pounds or greater occurs occasionally.
Reading and writing abilities are used often in reviewing and comprehending Banquet Event Orders, and written instructions from superiors regarding appropriate set-up for upcoming functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- English fluent oral and written
- Wait staff experience beneficial, but not necessary
- Hotel or catering experience helpful
- Bartending experience helpful, but not necessary
- Ability to follow directions
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- 7736 Adrienne Dr, Breinigsville, PA 18031, USA