TITLE: Director of Sales/Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
The Director of Sales (DOS)/Sales Manager is responsible for directing the sales and marketing efforts of the hotel in order to maximize revenue.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Account Management and New Business Development
· Responsible for overseeing the retention and acquisition of accounts by growing existing accounts and generating new business to a level that meets or exceeds sales forecasts.
· Executes all aspects of the sales and marketing plans to surpass revenue goals. This includes making outside sales calls and cold calls while maintaining relationships with current accounts.
· Builds and maintains relationships with key clients. Creates and solicits new business through innovative means.
Ongoing Financial and Marketing Business Analysis
· Prepares the yearly and quarterly Sales and Marketing budgets as well as the annual marketing plan.
· Develops business plans as needed.
· Oversees advertising and marketing campaigns for the hotel.
· Works with General Manager to analyze sales and marketing reports.
· Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
· Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues.
· Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
· Must appropriately address guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
· Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
· Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
· 5+ years of hotel sales experience required.
· Prior hotels sales management or Director of Sales/Sales Manager experience highly preferred.
· Prior experience using Windows-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook highly preferred.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Strong selling and negotiating skills. · Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Superior customer service skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· May be required to travel.
· Use of personal vehicle may be required.
· Able to work a flexible schedule.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Salary
- Gastonia, NC, USA