Housekeeper - Cambria Hotel Pittsburgh
Reports to: Housekeeping Department Manager
Ensures the operational ability of the housekeeping department by preparing for, maintaining, and recovering from various activities and functions throughout the hotel. Cleans guest rooms and bathrooms and restocks carts. May assist in the laundry department as necessary.
- Attends all training; including safety training sand standard operation procedures as directed by management.
- Arrives at work in a timely fashion in accordance with the posted schedule.
- Abides by established uniform guidelines.
- Practices efficient and effective procedures.
- Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
- Maintains a “can do” and “guest first” attitude at all times.
- Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff.
- Assures requests are made in a timely manner.
- Picks up assignment and room keys daily according to key policy. Completes and returns check list at the conclusion of each shift. Returns and signs key in.
- Cleans rom and bathrooms compliant with hotel standards and time guidelines.
- Follows Ecolab Fresh State program to cleaning guest rooms.
- Abides by guidelines for use of cleaning towels and gloves.
- Cleans rooms one at a time.
- Properly stocks housekeeping cart and closets when necessary.
- Abides by all ‘Do Not Disturb’ sings on guest room doors; notifies supervisor of presence.
- Properly identifies sharps and handles appropriately.
- Reports any cleanliness issues not able to be resolved to housekeeping supervisor and/or front desk, maintenance.
- Inspects each room for bed bugs and other unwanted pests. Follows proper procedure for reporting and reports immediately.
- Reports lost and found items as appropriate; turns in items following shift.
- Is mindful to not make excessive noise in the guest room space.
- Assists in cleaning public areas of the hotel when deemed necessary.
- Deposits trash as necessary or at the end of shift.
- Monitors activity in guest hallways for suspicious or inappropriate behavior and reports immediately to the front desk.
- Maintains appropriate personal contact with customers (both internal and external) including daily interactions with guests.
- Coordinates with housekeeping supervisor daily to ensure guests special requests are met.
- Works to meet or exceed benchmarked scores as it pertains to the housekeeping department.
- All other duties assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Customer Service – Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communication – Responds well to questions
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures for including, but not limited to, dress code policies, cell phone, and social media
- Adaptability – Adapts to change in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions; Completed tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies to feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly
The work environment characteristic describe here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), and risk of electrical shock. The employee is subject to a fast paced working environment.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Internal: Hotel Staff: communication to staff
External: Guests: ensure satisfaction with housekeeping deparment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to see clearly printed material at close range (12 inches or less). Corrective lenses permissible.
Ability to distinguish between and among colors. Ability to exercise depth perception to determine space and distance relationships. Ability to exercise peripheral vision to be aware of objects within a large area while eyes are focused on one object.
Ability to hear in one of both ears so that verbal communication can be received, understood, and acted upon in a face to face basis.
Ability of olfactory nerves to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity.
Ability to express oneself verbally with clarity on either a face to face or a telecommunications basis.
Ability of body parts, usually fingers and hands, to ascertain the texture of objects or commodities such as smooth/coarse, sharp/dull, etc.; as well as temperature, stability, etc.
Ability to exert a reasonably paced mobility from one point to another within a generally accepted time frame, and recognizing the conditions of the environment as to breadth/narrowness, clutter, etc.
Ability to move and control one’s torso so items can be picked up from a lower surface level.
Ability to flex legs at the knee so that individual can lower the body coming to rest on one or both knees.
Ability to grasp, hold, set down, redirect with hands or fingers, turn, control, and manipulate objects and commodities.
Ability to control and utilize fingers in a dexterous and coordinated manner for such activities as wiping, squeezing.
Ability to stretch body and extend arms to place or secure objects and commodities at a distance above, to the side of, or below the normal standing level of the individual.
Ability to flex legs at the knees to lower body position.
Ability to move about on hands and knees and/or feet by mobilizing those body parts.
Ability to use body parts, usually arms and hands (occasionally shoulders and back) to elevate an object or commodity above its previous surface level.
Ability to ascent steps, ladders, and other vertical and semi-vertical surfaces to reach a higher level.
Ability to use body parts on a regular and continuing basis to repeat the same motions for a reasonable period of time without resting.
Ability to flex legs at the knees and move the upper body forward and down.
Full Time/Part Time
8+/- hour shift
No travel is expected for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Language Ability: Ability to reach and comprehend simple instructions
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or chart/diagram form
Computer Skills: No computer skills necessary
Certificates and Licenses: No certifications needed
Age: Must be 18 or older
Exposure to equipment common to cleaning; spray bottles, vacuum cleaner. Common laundry equipment: washing machine, dryer, iron press. Use of large housekeeping cart and laundry cart.
This job description is not designed to cover of contain a complete listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this position. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time and with or without notice.
Pre-Employment Drug Screening is Required
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA