Front Office Supervisor
Pittsburgh, PA, USA Req #397
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Meyer Jabara Hotels has distinguished itself as an employer of choice, attracting innovative and talented industry professionals who deliver exceptional results. Our Associates are encouraged to reach their fullest potential by delivering a differentiated experience to our guests and an exceptional bottom-line.
- To supervise the front office to strive towards total guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that all associates are adhering to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and regulations.
- Needs to be able to perform in all front office functions
- Assist the AGM in all areas to ensure smooth operations.
- Attendance as scheduled is required.
- Promote guest hospitality in the front office at all times.
- Verify the accuracy of selling strategy for the day.
- Be aware of hotel selling one week in advance.
- Maintain and control all room blocks and pre-blocking.
- Strong Presence on front desk to ensure checklists are completed accurately and service is being provided flawlessly
- Ensure that all information pertinent to the front office is passed on to the following shift or appropriate management.
- Assist with New Hire Training for all Front Office Associates.
- Be aware of Front Office Job Safety Analysis and promote Safety.
- Handle customer issues by taking ownership of issues.
- Maintain awareness of groups, functions and hotel business demands.
- Balance all shift work. Verify all paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Coach and council staff as needed to ensure consistency.
- Follow policies and procedures established for the Front Office.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
- Ensures that all procedures and policies are being followed.
- Strictly follows bank-out procedures and cash handling procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality of User Log-Ons. Ensure that users are logged out when leaving the area.
- Train and develop associates to the highest possible extent. Ensures that daily training is provided for technical, hospitality, communication, management, and organizational skills.
- Leads by example: Provides a high-quality service and aggressive hospitality towards all customers.
- Ensures that recognition programs for both guest and associates are in place and working.
- Perform Manager on Duty functions as assigned.
- Initiates additional tasks to improve existing procedures and guest satisfaction.
- Resolves system problems and can operate the system manually. Can lead the staff through a down time.
- Hotel Knowledge - Remain informed and inform staff of all departmental communications and events to provide friendly, efficient and professional service to transient guests, groups and catering events.
- Area Knowledge- Ensure staff is knowledgeable about all hotel services in addition to local attractions/services, points of interest, current events, and upcoming attractions. Be knowledgeable of various means of transportation and schedules, along with directions to all area points of interest, shopping and attractions.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
The difference between being a good business and an amazing business can be found in the company's footprints made by giving back and serving others. Community relationships matter to the team at Meyer Jabara.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA