Operate the functional areas of guest registration and guest service to ensure guest satisfaction and maximum hotel profitability. Accurately balances all hotel income and expenses for 24 hour hotel operating period.
· Attends training; including safety training, standard operating procedures, RAMP certification, and any other as directed by management.
· Arrives at work in a timely fashion and in accordance with the posted schedule.
· Abides by established uniform guidelines.
· Practices efficient and effective procedures.
· Reads and understands English to comply with function directions.
· Works as a member of the overall hotel team to ensure that each guest has an experience that exceeds their expectations.
· Maintains a “can do” and “guest first” attitude at all times.
· Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log, and follows up to ensure the work has been completed.
· Organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations.
· Activate and provide room keys.
· Addresses guest requests complaints regarding service or equipment; relay as necessary. Provide appropriate compensation if necessary.
· Supply guests with area recommendations and directions as well as property amenities, services, hours of operation.
· Resolves complaints to the satisfaction of the guest.
· Assures requests are made in a timely manner.
· Knowledgeable on PMS as it pertains to functions of the front office and night audit.
· Maintains personal contact with customers (both internal and external) including daily interactions with guests.
· Prepares and presents packages according to guest reservations, notifies DOR/Front Desk Supervisor when inventory is low.
· Coordinates with housekeeping supervisor daily to ensure guests special requests are met.
· Provides wake up calls to guest rooms.
· Completes information on guest folios.
· Maintains proper credit card records.
· Provides completed folios via paper or email.
· Runs and review daily reports/logs; addresses any unresolved issues from previous shifts/days
· Works to meet or exceed bench marked scores as it pertains to the front office.
· Properly stocks market items and notifies Front Desk Supervisor when inventory is low.
· Ensures adherence to procedures for hotel accounting, credit control, handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security, and emergency procedures as established. Counts banks at beginning and end of shift; records accordingly.
· Takes control of lost and found as appropriate.
· Balances all room revenue and room expenses.
· Balances all room and tax charges.
· Completes designated cashier closing reports.
· Runs the closing functions of the property management system.
· Completed computer generated forms and reports; submits to accounting systems.
· Provides a shift report to the next shift. Sends shift report.
· All other duties assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
· Interpersonal– Maintains confidentiality
· Oral Communication – Responds well to questions
· Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
· Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
· Diversity– Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment
· Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures for including, but not limited to, dress code policies, cell phone, and social media
· Adaptability– Adapts to change in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time
· Dependability – Respond to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
· Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
· Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
· Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
· Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies to feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
· Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or Equivalent and one year guest service/hotel experience preferred; General Accounting Knowledge
Language Ability: Ability to reach and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos; Ability to write simple correspondences
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages; Ability to balance accounts, calculate taxes
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or chart/diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations
Computer Skills: A general knowledge of work processing and spreadsheet functions; General ability with the hotel PMS system
4 shifts split between 2 hotels
8+ hour shift
No travel is expected for this position.
- Job Family New Jobs
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 711 Eastern Ave, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA