Special Education Lead Teacher
May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph, MA is looking for a Special Education Teacher to take on lead responsibilities and provide services to adolescents with autism or other developmental disabilities.
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities offer full-day, year-round educational services to children and adolescents. Focusing on building communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills. We base our programs on applied behavior analysis, or ABA, which has been shown through hundreds of scientific studies to be the most effective method to teach children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom
- Design an individualized curriculum, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
- Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
- Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
- Train and supervise other teachers and classroom assistants
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree (or enrollment in a Master’s program) preferred
- Certification in severe disabilities preferred/ moderate certification will be considered.
- Experience in ABA preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Randolph, MA 02368, USA