Product Sourcing Director
PRODUCT SOURCING DIRECTOR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
At Magnolia, the Product Sourcing Director is responsible for handling the company’s end to end product sourcing operations. This position works from our headquarters in Waco, Texas.
This position reports to the Chief Merchandising Officer.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uphold Magnolia’s mission, vision, and values
- Coordinate the buying of materials, products, and/or services for Magnolia
- Foster a culture of collaboration across the organization to align department initiatives in order to support merchandising decisions, directives and initiatives
- Support Magnolia’s needs and business requirements by aligning sourcing base with calendar and product needs; including late adds and chase product
- Build key relationships between stakeholders to create a calendar that drives speed to market initiatives and reduces weeks of supply; and collaborate with cross functional partners in order to meet margin goals and costing metrics
- Provide strong leadership, management, development and training to the Sourcing team members; and continuously reevaluate the team and align the team/process in order to best service the organization
- Execute the design vision through strategic product development and creation of process and calendars, including sourcing appropriate products, troubleshooting quality problems, price issues and pre-production/production issues
- Develop Sourcing strategy to align with organization initiatives around innovative product, speed, cost reduction, quality, mitigation of risk, supplier continuity, and utilization of emerging markets/opportunities
- Run weekly Product Development Meetings with Merchants and Design to review status of new developments
- Collaborate and develop close working relationships with design, merchandising, and vendors to ensure the quality and integrity of the design is achieved and upheld
- Determine where product will be sourced by using global knowledge of country and vendor's core competencies; awareness of market rates for currency conversion, labor rates, etc. needed
- Communicate daily with vendors to monitor the progress of new developments and current production; and process and communicate status to internal planning and merchant teams
- Aggressively negotiate costs to ensure IMU targets are met for the Brand
- Track productions weekly to ensure new items are tested by QA and Packaging Labs resulting in on-time deliveries
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Big picture thinker – ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement policies and procedures that that link to overall objectives
- Leader – excellent leadership skills with the ability to drive initiatives and promote positive change; and proven success in a leadership role managing and developing a team
- Creative – ability to think outside the box and successfully create and implement innovative approaches
- Adaptable – ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, as well as solve problems effectively and efficiently
- Innovator - create new ways for Magnolia to stand out in a saturated product market, especially in areas such as Home, Furniture, and Apparel; and offer new solutions to sourcing issues/challenges
- Collaborator - possess strong relational skills to build individual teams, bring departments together, and work well with others
- Communicator - superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Relational - successful track record of building relationships with cross functional partners; and experience developing and leveraging strategic business relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Forward thinker - ability to anticipate business/brand needs and to create long term solutions; and motivated by deadlines and new challenges
- Efficient - process improvement capabilities including proven examples of implementing operational efficiencies; and works with a high sense of urgency and integrity
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of experience of driving revenue with a strong emphasis in fields such as Merchandising, Sales, Marketing, Planning, Product Design, Product Development and Sourcing, etc.
- 5+ years of leadership experience driving new initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.
Magnolia is a lifestyle brand founded by Chip and Joanna Gaines that encompasses a variety of businesses based in Waco, Texas. A few of these include: both online and brick and mortar retail stores, a design and construction firm, a lifestyle magazine, a restaurant, a bakery, a coffee shop, a real estate company and vacation rental properties.
At Magnolia, we believe in doing good work that matters and that we are made better when we all work together. We take pride in offering rewarding careers that come with great benefits, and we value the kind of people who are eager to learn and grow alongside us. When you join the Magnolia team, you join the Magnolia family.
- Pay Type Salary
- Waco, TX, USA